Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Hungry, Angry and Some Other Thing

One of the guys at work got this e-mail this morning:

A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!

This is going to make you so MAD! There are three words in the English language that end in "gry". ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE knows what the third ONE means and what it stands for. EveryONE uses them everyday, and if you listened very carefully, I've given you the third word. What is it? _______gry?


He sent it to the rest of us, but I got impatient after a couple of minutes and looked it up. Mr. Schprock was determined to come up with the answer, and spent most of the morning trying to figure it out. He asked for a few hints, but refused to be given the answer outright. Too bad Joe has the day off today (did I just say that?!) or we could have tortured him with it, too.

If you're like me, just click here for the answer and move on with your life. Otherwise, guess away.

9 comments:

fakies said...

I've known the answer all along.

NYPinTA said...

Joe will be back tomorrow right? Tortue him then. Like there is an expiration date on harassing someone?

The Complimenting Commenter said...

Arg. Great post. Entertaining site too. Thanks for stopping and commenting also. I love the superhero idea.

Jenn said...

ok i'll bite and play along how about ORGRY :D

John said...

Woo-hoo! I've been complimented by the complimenting commenter! And on arguably the weakest post ever no less. Check out some of the older stuff, it's much better. I mean, I like it, anyway.

mr. schprock said...

The answer is "snugry." It's a place where one goes to snuggle. Whoops. Hope I didn't ruin it for anyone.

John said...

I kind of liked your "thungry" answer. You said that was from some old ad, right?

mr. schprock said...

Yes. It's when you're thirsty and hungry at the same time.

NYPinTA said...

"Check out some of the older stuff, it's much better. I mean, I like it, anyway."
Again, you were right the first time.

Post a Comment