Tuesday, October 25, 2005

What Have We Learned?

He sure likes that pose...


I think we leared a lot yesterday. We learned that you can find just about anything on the internet. We learned that the guy that cuts off his legs every night for a living was not some childhood hallucination, but magician Rudy Coby, and that he even had his own comic book. Who knew? I think the lesson here is that just because someone remembers something that no one else does, it doesn't mean they imagined it. It just means they watched an obscene amount of television when they were growing up.

Anyone remember D.C. Follies, with Fred Willard and a bunch of terrifying Kroftt puppet versions of late eighties media and political figures? There's not much about it on the internet, and what little there is doesn't include pictures. I remember watching an Entertainment Tonight segment about how they made the puppets. Until then, I thought the puppet likenesses were silly and harmless, which was the point. But at the end of the segment, the lights shut off in the warehouse, and the camera zoomed in on the Nancy Reagan puppet, which winked and nodded at the audience or something to that effect. It was supposed to be this cutesy ending to the story, I guess. But that Nancy Reagan puppet scared the ever-loving crap out of me. I must have had nightmares for a week, convinced that a smiling, felt caricature of the First Lady was going to eat my soul. Oh God! It's alive!!

Fantasy Football Update: Week 7
Well, it had to happen sooner or later. After six weeks, I'm 6-1, coming off a major smackdown thanks to Bill "Old Biff" Parcells.

Make like a tree and get out of here!


No big deal, though. I'm still in first with a two game cushion.

6 comments:

Shatterfist said...

"just because someone remembers something that no one else does, it doesn't mean they imagined it."

I'm telling you, you should watch "The Lady Vanishes", that's basically the plot right there.

And, if I may:
OMFG! Old Biff! And the reference to D.C. Follies, priceless. You and me should have our own spot on VH1 and ge trid of some of those ugly no-talent people they have on now.

John said...

Wow, you must have only been four or five for that.

I think our VH1 show should just be us talking about how ugly the Best Week Ever people are. Uglest. People. Ever!

fakies said...

Rachel Perry needs hung from a lamppost and beaten with a stick. Not unlike a pinata.

NYPinTA said...

Not unlike a pinata.
Not me, right?

I'd watch a show with you guys on VH1 making fun of other people. Heck, I pretty much watch anything with people making fun of other people.

BTW- Nancy Reagan does want to eat your soul. Remember the little girls name in the Exorcist? Reagan. Coincidence? I think not.

John said...

I wasn't afraid of Nancy Reagan. She was sort of grandmotherly. But the Nancy Reagan puppet that suddenly sprang to life in an empty warehouse gave me serious heebie jeebies.

Kathleen said...

The Lady Vanishes is a great movie. I have it on DVD if you want to borrow it.

Post a Comment