Monday, October 03, 2005

What Happened?

I don't know if you've noticed, but I haven't been around lately. I guess that means I should take a moment to dispel some of the rumors I just made up about my whereabouts. So I'd like to go on record as saying the following:

  • I am not now, nor have I ever been, a fugitive on the run from the Malaysian government.

  • I did not die as the result of mixing Pop Rocks with Coca-Cola.

  • I did not film a grainy, night-vision sex tape with former Attorney General Janet Reno entitled "One Night in Reno."

  • I have not given up my highfalutin office job for a more hands-on career at the hobo factory.

    the hobo factory


  • I was not called upon by supernatural forces to reluctantly play a key role in the epic battle of good and evil. Not yet, anyway.

  • I was not holed up in the basement, frantically scribbling lyrics to my as yet unfinished rock opera, Joe Happens.

  • I did not break into prison in an elaborate scheme to break my innocent brother out.


  • I was not trampled by adoring fans who spotted me in line at Dunkin Donuts. Not yet, anyway.

    As boring as it may seem, I was just on vacation. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. Or as soon as I shake these Malaysian operatives.

    Fantasy Football Update: Week 4
    The Dingleberries are doing more than just hanging on. After three weeks, I'm sitting at the top of the rankings as the only undefeated team at 3-0. This weekend I went head to head with Jose, who has yet to win a match up. We won't know the Week 4 outcome until tonight's game is over. I'm ahead by fifty points right now, but if Delhomme has a good enough game, Jose could still come out with a win. I can't believe I'm saying this, but go, Packers!

  • 12 comments:

    NYPinTA said...

    I was not holed up in the basement, frantically scribbling lyrics to my as yet unfinished rock opera, Joe Happens.

    Wow. That sounds... frightening.

    John said...

    Really? The Janet Reno sex tape doesn't trump the Joe concept album in the fright department? Huh.

    NYPinTA said...

    I was trying to deny ever reading that one...

    fakies said...

    For some reason, the mention of you & Reno conjured up images similar to the Abu Ghraib pictures. Go figure.

    The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

    I LOVE HOBO!

    John said...

    Does that make you a hobosexual?

    John said...

    Yah. Those Pnathers are tough to baet.

    John said...

    Balls. I didn't see you had Steve Smith, too. I thought you just had the QB and the kicker. Maybe he'll wreck his ankle or something.

    mr. schprock said...

    "I did not die as the result of mixing Pop Rocks with Coca-Cola."

    But mixing Pepsi and Coke made you go blind for a while. I remember that.

    Inner Fonzie said...

    The Janet Reno one made me throw up in my mouth...

    Chloe said...

    I can't believe how atrociously the Packers are playing. I'm almost ashamed to admit I'm a fan.

    Scott said...

    Chloe, the team is disintegrating around Favre. He barely has the talent around him to move the ball. He is an amazing man.

    My Cowboys are at the bottom of their division, but Patrick Crayton had a big play in Oakland. It's going to be another long year however, unless something, a little something, happens soon. Next up: Philly. Ouch.

    Post a Comment