Friday, March 25, 2005

Hannibal Lector's Chili Cook Off

Joe's back today. No mention of dead cousins whatsoever. I wanted to ask about the service, but I think I'd rather just let him think he's smart. It makes me feel less guilty about all the stuff I've written about him online.

I hope that brought some closure for you. If not, here's one of the best quotes ever, taken from a story I read in the paper this morning:

"Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited."

It was a story about someone who found a human finger in their bowl of chili at a Wendy's in San Jose, CA. "This individual apparently did take a spoonful, did have a finger in their mouth and then, you know, spit it out and recognized it," said Ben Gale, director of the department of environmental health for Santa Clara County. "Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited." You can read more about it here, although that quote isn't used. If you don't feel like reading the whole thing, the finger turned out to be that of Wendy's founder Dave Thomas, whose last request was to be cut into several pieces and served at Wendy's across the country. Is anyone still thinking about Joe now?

3 comments:

NYPinTA said...

What if the finger belonged to Joe's cousin? Cheaper then a funeral I bet.

So, so sorry.

John said...

Joe's wife is away at military training this month. She's still there now, so she couldn't have gone to Vermont with him.

His son called today. They talked about which colleges he liked, as if they had just visited a few campuses.

He keeps coming in here and joking aroung. He won't go away. I'm kind of pissed off right now.

fakies said...

I never knew Wendy's served finger sandwiches. Hmm.

Post a Comment