Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Mystery of the Shamed Businessman

You know those Google Doodles, where they alter the Google logo to commemorate some thing or another? Once in a while I know immediately what they are, but most of the time I have to click on it to figure out what it's suppose to represent.

Last summer I saw one that completely baffled me. It looked like a guy with a box on his head, wearing a dress shirt and tie, bending over with his hands on his knees, the way kids stand when they're in left field waiting for the ball to come their way. Here's an altered version of the picture, to show you how it looked to me:

Photobucket


I thought maybe it was some disgraced CEO or something; maybe it was the anniversary of the Enron scandal. Even when I clicked on the image to find out what it actually was, I still didn't see what I was supposed to see at first. I see it now though, to the point where I don't know how I could mistake it as anything else, but sometimes I still see the guy with box on his head. Maybe not it box; it might be his briefcase.

Now here is the actual image:



Does anyone see the box head guy? Or could you tell what it is right away? It was August 29, which would have been Michael Jackson's 51st birthday. Jackson's socks are the business man's shirt, and the space between them is his tie. Actually, if you look closely, it looks like the box head guy is wearing one of those frilly flamenco dancer shirts. But who wears those with neckties?

So do you see the businessman, Michael Jackson's feet, or both?

2 comments:

LL said...

I can definitely see the businessman in the first picture. The second? Erm... notsomuch.

However, I can't say the first thing that came to mind was Michael Jackson either. Looked to me like those old leggins that women wore under their extra long dresses with black shoes. Were I to wager a guess without really knowing, I'd have leaned more toward something to do with Shirley Temple.

John said...

It less details you see,the more it looks more like the business man, so it might help to pull away from the screen so you're seeing it from a distance. Or not.

Post a Comment