Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Wenis Envy

Every day we are surrounded by war. The war on terror. The war on drugs. The Battle of the Network Stars. But the oldest of them all, older than the bloody conflicts between Israel and Palestine or even Great Taste and Less Filling is the battle of the sexes. It's been raging for tens of thousands of years, with no end in sight.

Nowhere is this battle more prevalent than in our nation's electronic inboxes. Well, I guess it's much more prevalent in the thousands of domestic abuse cases reported each year, but that doesn't really gel with the light-hearted tone I've established on this blog. So let's stick with the annoying e-mails we get all the time that basically amount to "Ha Ha! Men don't ask for directions! Hee Hee! Women are overbearing!"

While both sides are equally repugnant, I'm inclined to defend my own gender against vitriolic anti-male propaganda, lest the Man Council have me waterborded and, I don't know, stripped of my fantasy football team. By the way, it is not cool to make fun of another man's beleaguered fantasy team. Yes, up until last week, my beloved Crusty Jugglers were 3-9 (the same record as a guy who was locked out of the league in week four due to an argument) and I'm the only person still actively playing in our 10 team league statistically eliminated from making the playoffs. But it's not like I'm the one out there not scoring touchdowns or dropping passes. (Maybe that's for the best.) I'm just having a bad year. And anyway, your team is like your kid. And it hurts when people make fun of your club-footed, droopy-eyed bald kid. He's out there doing the best he can, God bless him! With his helmet and mittens. Heart of a champion.

But back to this man-hating stuff. A list was brought to my attention that soils the pants and baffles the mind. Mostly the latter. As a goodwill gesture, I'd like to state that this list is clearly the work of an extremist, a Femsama Bin Ladin declaring shehad if you will, and is in no way a reflection of the thoughts of your average, non-insane woman. This is a person with some serious issues, who unfortunately left their name off the spiteful, humorless list so we can't all, men and women alike, laugh at how sad and pathetic this person's life must be. Just the same, let's all point and laugh, shall we? Only then can the healing begin.

Here are all the rules every woman must know about men:
1. They look at women as only child bearing flesh, and not humans
Well that makes no sense. If men only see women as child-bearing flesh, how come so many guys skip town when they find out they knocked up their girlfriends? Hmm? Answer that one, Nancy Drew.

2. Men only care about 1 thing and ONLY 1 thing
Well that's awfully vague. Um...is it football? Big screen TVs? Wait, it's video games, right? Yeah, it's probably video games.

3. Men could care less about you, his family, his children
I'm just going to gloss over the fact that she went from plural "men" to singular possessive "his". Okay? Forget about that affront to the English language. It's COULDN'T! Men COULDN'T care less! Cheese and crackers, that really ticks me off. It's like saying this person could be dumber. When in fact, this person couldn't be any dumber. See? She's achieved maximum dumbness. The intelligence meter is at zero degrees Kelvin. She's dumb is what I'm getting at.

4. Men would do ANYTHING even kill you for sex
That's right, sister. Because nothing's hotter than banging a dead chick. You caught us.

5. Men can NOT live without sex
I guess it's true. Mahatma Gandhi took a vow of celibacy, and he's dead. So...there you go.

6. Men are mindless, and useless creatures
René Descartes sounds like a chick's name, but he was totally a guy. I think, therefore I am. Suck on that.

7. Women can live without men, men CANNOT live without women
I suppose women could wipe out all the men on Earth and repopulate using sperm banks, but sooner or later, they're gonna run out of baby formula.

8. Men do not have the ability to think about anything but sex
This is the fifth one about sex, and not the last. Clearly someone can't think about anything else.

9. Men cannot love, and do not have the strengths to love. They only know sex
Jeez, change the record, lady. Maybe you should change it to, I don't know, I Would Do Anything for Love, But I Won't Do That. Know who sang that? A man. A man named Meatloaf, wearing a Klingon forehead for some reason.

10. All men should rot in hell
You know in Revenge of the Sith, when Obi-Wan was fighting Anakin, and Obi-Wan said "Only a Sith deals in absolutes," but that itself is an absolute so by his own definition Obi-wan must be a Sith? Well, that's relevant to this somehow. Maybe she forget a few words and meant to say "All men who set puppies on fire should rot in hell." I think we can all agree on that one, right?


Yes, the anonymity of the internet allows people to get away with saying just about anything, and this is probably the angry manifesto of a woman spurned one too many times. There is certainly no shortage of assholes, so a long string of failures could leave someone a jaded wreck to be pitied and/or mocked for their melodramatic platitudes. Although, this whole list may have just been meant to be sarcastic, and sarcasm, as I've come to learn, can be catastrophic on the internets if you don't pull it off.

However, I can't say it doesn't bother me that this person is walking around somewhere, completely blind to the fact that they are frighteningly stupid, and what's worse, breathing all our precious, hard-earned air. I really hope she gets diarrhea with blood in it. And it happens when she's on a bus or something and no one wants to sit next to her, not even the guy that smells like ashtrays filled with cat pee.

I think Jose was expecting me to write about Thanksgiving.

8 comments:

NYPinTA said...

Huh. Did she make you angry perhaps?

BTW, I thought this was going to be another post about Kimmy, the post stealing stealer.

LL said...

I find myself agreeing with you g_s. I mean c'mon... if JG was going to type all this up, the least she should do is post it on her much neglected blog instead of emailing it around the interwebz.

I also liked how you worked wenis in the title and had no real reference in the body. Well played sir.

John said...

This was actually found by someone on my secret shame site, and according to Google, it originated on Yahoo Answers. I was going to include Kimmy vs. me as part of the battle of the sexes, but apparently forgot to. But I left wenis in the title, because...why not?

Tony Gasbarro said...

I... hang on... gotta get past these thoughts about sex....

Wow... I need me some sex.

Where's a woman to kill when you need one for sex? Where have all the good ones gone? Oh. Yeah. Never mind.

No sex, yet. I think I'm gonna die.

Word Verification: crosp. Which is obviously shorthand for "cross-pollinate," which is sex for plants, which is SEX! GAH!

MacRankin said...

Sounds like she's unable to have an orgasm, and can only have sarcasm instead.

John said...

It just kind of worked out that two posts in a row have prompted people to write "orgasm" in the comments section. Let's see if I can't keep that streak going.

fakies said...

I too was waiting for the exploits of Kimmy. Perhaps Kimmy wrote the little expose we read here before us? (I went to school w/ a girl whose nickname was Wenis.)

For a second, I thought maybe my mom wrote that list. But I don't think she's quite bitter enough yet. I predict that more than 2 divorces would be required to set off that diatribe. Perhaps the writer came home to find her supposedly comatose husband having sex with a dead woman while playing video games and screaming "I could care less!" I bet that would really make her mad.

John said...

I'm just glad I got to work "baby formula" in there.

Post a Comment