Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sweet Tapdancing Jesus!

Heath Ledger died! I did not see that one coming. And Michele did it to me again! People really need to stop dying before I find out about it. It messes up my whole day.

I wonder if they finished all his scenes as the Joker? What if they left the ending open-ended for the Joker to return in future installments? I mean no disrespect, I feel terrible for his family and his daughter, and the whole this is very tragic, but it seems like they finally got this Batman franchise right, and I wonder what kind of effect his sudden death will have. Do they keep the Joker out of any further Batman movies, or do they find a new actor to fill the role? And could replacing him kill the franchise? Well, it hasn't seemed to hurt the Harry Potter movies. And The Dark Knight already has one cast change since Batman Begins; Katie Holmes has been replaced by Maggie Gyllenhaal in the role of Rachel Dawes, much like the real Katie Holmes has been replaced by a zombie-like Scientologist Pod person. Oddly enough, Katie Holmes was on Dawson's Creek with Michelle Williams, who was married to Heath Ledger. Also, Maggie Gyllenhaal is the sister of Jake Gyllenhal, who was in that gay cowboy movie with Ledger. Oh yeah, and Michele Williams was in that, too.

In his most recent movie, I'm Not There, Heath played Bob Dylan. Here's a weird question: is he the only person who's starred in a biopic about someone and died before the person they were portraying? There could be a few others, but I can't think of any.



Death of a Clown (reprise)

My makeup is dry and it clags on my chin
I'm drowning my sorrows in whiskey and gin
The lion tamer's whip doesn't crack anymore
The lions won't fight and the tigers won't roar

La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
So let's all drink to the death of a clown
Wont someone help me to break up this crown
Let's all drink to the death of a clown
Let's all drink to the death of a clown

The old fortune teller lies dead on the floor
Nobody needs fortunes told anymore
The trainer of insects is crouched on his knees
And frantically looking for runaway fleas

La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
Let's all drink to the death of a clown
So wont someone help me to break up this crown
Let's all drink to the death of a clown
La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
Let's all drink to the death of a clown.
La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

Heath Ledger,
1979-2008
We're the same age. Jeez.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

From what I have heard, they have finished filming for that movie, and even if they had not in the one that is coming out right now I am sure they would have done the same thing they did in the crow...

LL said...

Erm... just exactly how do you want to find out someone kicked the bucket?

You're still only 28? Damn... JG really did rob the cradle...

BTW... don't book a masseuse until you're at least 29...

Anonymous said...

He needs to know at a proper time during the day, not in the morning or before his day is over,as he does not want it ruined...but it also can't be too close to bed because he will have nightmares

John said...

"Erm... just exactly how do you want to find out someone kicked the bucket?"

I guess I like, well not LIKE, but I prefer reading about it myself, as opposed to someone saying "guess who dies". Because when they say that, your brain compiled this list of aging public figures who could go at any minute, along with a handful of "dark horse" candidates, which are basically young people in their prime who's death would bring the biggest shock value. So you've got all these names running in your head, bracing yourself for the inevitable, all the while wondering if the deceased is one of the people on your list and you somehow have psychic vibes that can detect celebrity deaths. So far, the only time that's worked for me was Lloyd Bridges. I totally called that one.

LL said...

Lloyd Bridges is dead?!? Well this is a helluva way to find out...

As for finding out the final jeopardy question, you should be relieved that it isn't any of the people on your list...

Word ver: hxeawt -- there's a wheatx in there somewhere...

John said...

"As for finding out the final jeopardy question, you should be relieved that it isn't any of the people on your list..."

Actually, when it is someone from the list, it's kind of a rush, because it's like, "Yes! I got one right!"

But then it's followed by, "Oh. I made myself sad."

Greyhound Girl said...

It's like The "in death" version of 6 degrees of separation

Post a Comment