Friday, April 27, 2007

By Your Powers Combined...

Before I had a blog, I used to whittle away the hours on a message board, conversing with all manner of nerds, geeks and shut-ins interesting people from all walks of life. The interaction with all these characters is what made it fun and kept me coming back, but it's a little harder to reproduce that kind of dynamic on a blog unless there's an active comments section. As it is, some people don't even read the comments. It's true! Because of this, and because fermicat gave me the idea, I'm just going to copy and paste my last comment and count it as a new post, but make just enough subtle changes that you'll have to read it all over again.

Yes, I've been lagging lately. Ever since I moved at the end of last sumer, time hasn't been my friend. It's not that I haven't done or seen anything worth noting all this time, it's just I never seem to have enough time to put it into words, and now there's too much to write about and I don't know where to start back up again. Here's what's been accumulating in the queue...

  • We moved into the town house. I had a little story about moving day. That was last August, I think. The last time I posted on a "regular" basis. After that I had little time because...

  • Mr. Schprock's arch-nemesis, Ms. Smith made the last few months of the year, right up to the holidays, a living hell. She actually made me feel sorry for Joe. Don't worry, things are back to the way they should be and I want to throw rocks at him again. But for a while there, I was conflicted.

  • In October, we hired a new full-time employee, Amy. And Joe's been making the workplace awkward and creepy ever since. She's read the Joe-kus, so she knew what to expect.

  • Meanwhile, yet another employee has been perfecting his...talent.

  • In March, Christy came back up to visit Jose, and we went to the Olive Garden, where we talked about a previous time at the Olive Garden where we heard a father make a very unusual offer to his son...

  • I found some more information on the Cannibal King song, that I thought I'd share against your will.

  • Over 20 years later, Large Marge still frightens children. I have a story of how I inadvertently gave Brianna Claymation nightmares.

  • At the beginning of April, I spoke with Trina, who as most of you know, fell through a roof and ended up with Sloth face. This one was supposed to serve as an announcement as to what happened to her and why she hadn't been posting, but it turns out she actually managed to TYPE OUT A LONG-ASS POST USING ONE FINGER before I even put this one up. And I DID write a message on her blog, so more of her readers would see it than the few crossovers we've got between us. So it's a few weeks late now...but I'm sure there's still somebody who didn't know about it yet.

  • Don't laugh, but I actually contemplated concluding my story about Nick and Hedie's wedding, which was supposed to be posted on 2nd Anniversary of the wedding (and the 11th anniversary of Spleen Day). But then the Trina thing happened and I wasn't sure which one to post that Monday, so I ended up doing neither. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

  • Man, I sure procrastinate alot. That wasn't going to be a post. I'm just saying.

  • I took last week off from work because Brianna had April Vacation. We watched a bunch of movies, made a fort out of cushions, and went to a carnival. It was the best week ever.

  • Two squirrels were found (very) dead in my grandmother's pool. I imagined a little squirrel CSI team trying to solve the case. I was hoping to get some gruesome photos but...

  • Holy crap! My grandmother's pool is gone! It's not there anymore, they took the deck and everything. I think Carmen San Diego did it. The worst part is, it contained evidence pertinent to the squirrel case! Also, my childhood memories are crumbling around me at an alarmingly rapid rate!

So that's how far behind I am. There are a few more, like the one I wrote when that comedian killed himself and the singer from Boston died (yes, he committed suicide too, but we didn't know that at the time). some of these things are time-sensitive, and if I don't publish them right away, they're sort of rendered irrelevant. I still have an account my my wrote of a dazed old woman wandering around my grandmother's driveway. That's at least two years old, before all the moving and sleeping on the floor craziness.

Anyway, do I just move on to something else, or try to catch up? While I'm writing these, what if something else happens that's too good not to share but I don't write about it because I'm still working on something from November and I fall behind even further. I need a designated "blogging time" I think.

Well, what should my next post be? It's up to you. The power is yours!

21 comments:

fermicat said...

...and because fermicat gave me the idea...

Glad I could help.

fakies said...

Don't try to blame my catastrophe for screwing up your posting schedule. I gave you a freebie and you wasted it.

John said...

Aw, I'm not blaming you. I'm blaming my excessive indecisiveness. I spend so much time trying to figure out what to do, I end up not doing anything. This carries over into pretty much every aspect of my life, too; it's not just a blog thing.

LL said...

Hey... you've hit all the highlights, why do you need to blog about them again?

Oh... right, you didn't hit the highlights, you merely set the hooks. Well... that wasn't good.

Now we'll all wonder who Amy is and why she had a sex change and is now perfecting his talent.

Not to mention the offer of a father to his son about information on a Cannibal King and Large Marge which scared the crap out of Brianna and made her procrastinate a lot...

And this doesn't even discuss the fact that you were responsible for crushing KTM's will to write with your flippant comments and criticism of her writing style... Bastard.

Shatterfist said...

"Oh, so much to write! What will I do?" Be happy people still read your blog.I don't even get the occassional visit from Anonymous anymore :(

That being said, I'd go with the Large Marge post. Save the pool for summer - so we can gripe about no longer having a pool.

John said...

I think Anonymous got depressed and killed themself.

I still have a pool...

mr. schprock said...

Write about how there should have been a Happy Days spin-off featuring Ralph Mouth and Potsy.

And tell Shatterfist I tried to leave a comment on his blog but the blog administrator wouldn't let me.

John said...

Alright, slow down everyone! I'm getting overwhelmed with all these suggestions!

NYPinTA said...

Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater!

I'm not sure what that means, but whatever. Cheater.

Oh, BTW- there is a free screening of Waitress in Boston on the 10th. Just an FYI. I know you're such a nut for Nathan Fillion. And then you can write all about him. I'd read that. Hell yeah, I would.

Or that thing about the squirrels. I must know: was it murder??

Anonymous said...

i haven't seen you on the T lately...I hope all is well!

John said...

For reasons too sinister to explain, I'll be out of commission here until May 24.

The Freshness said...

So..it is the 24th.....where are you?

John said...

I'm almost...there's...hey, look over there!

The Freshness said...

So now it is well past the 24th......

fakies said...

Don't even use Memorial Day as an excuse. You know, unless your entire family were taken by aliens on that day or something. If that's the case, you could at least post a request for their return.

NYPinTA said...

You are setting a bad example. And I am following that example. See what you made me do? Not blog. Good going.

John said...

I've been out of the game for too long. I don't know if I have it in me anymore. Maybe I need some sort of training montage that shows me getting back into my former whirlwind pace of writing almost two posts a week.

fermicat said...

Just do it!

The Freshness said...

So were you shooting for June 24th?

LL said...

Way to go g_s. You've sucked the blogging life out of all of us. Even KTM didn't post for a couple of weeks because of you!

Me? I can't blame you. I was just too lazy.

John said...

There. I posted. And it's a long one, too.

Post a Comment