Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I Am Not A Crook

I went to the pizza place down the street for lunch. I had no cash on me, so I hit the ATM first and took out $40. Then I went in and ordered a couple of slices, which came to $3. When I got back to the office, I noticed they only gave me $7 back. So I went back and told the guy he owes me ten dollars. He immediately said that I gave him $10, not twenty. He was "more than 100% sure," he said.

He asked if I was sure I gave him a twenty. And while I didn't actually look at it, I only had two bills on me, which came from the ATM. The ATM, like 99% of the ATMs around here, only dispense in multiples of twenty. I had a reciept showing I took out $40. So unless the ATM somehow got a ten stuck in their with all those twenties, I gave him a twenty.

He did finally give it to me, but really fought me on it and made me feel like I was ripping him off. An interesting thing to point out...he counted the money in the register and compared it to all the orders from the day and it came up eight dollars off. That means they made more than one mistake today.

I've gone there before and never had any problems. Maybe he was up late last night watching the 9 hour Sox game.

0 comments:

Post a Comment