Monday, October 04, 2004

Eminem Knows Joe?

First off, I should be in a brand new office right now. I should be sitting in a sun-drenched room in front of a desk I put together myself. Best of all, Joe would have been in another room.

Everything was set in place. My employers sold our office, which consists of two condos they've occupied for over 20 years, and bought a 4-floor place on a secluded street to escape the hassels of condo life and the monthly fire-alarm tests and plumbing problems that go with it.

We printed up postcards to send to all our clients to let them know we were moving. And, as if by some cosmic joke, a woman who recently started working for one of our vendors happened to live on the tiny street we were moving to. And she found fault with us moving in there, because the street is not zoned for business. My bosses said they did know that in advance, but didn't really see this as a problem, as we are not a typical "business." Four employees working on laptops, none of whom drive to work so we're not taking up parking spaces. We don't have people coming in and out all day; it's just the six of us, and we're gone by 5.

But this woman, who doesn't know anything about our business other than that we sent a postcard to her company, immediately called the head of the neighborhood association and had us blocked from moving in. My boss had tried to talk with the guy that runs the association, but he won't even listen. Total snob. This guy makes Judge Smails look like Judge Reinhold.

So for the past few weeks we've been in limbo. We were supposed to be out of here on Sept. 24. My boss got the new owners to agree to let us stay in one of the two condos for another few months while we look for a new place. which means my two bosses had to move their desks into our area.

They both have their radios on all day, and in one ear I have sports talk radio, and in the other I have todays top 40. Which brings me to my point. At least three times a day for the past couple of days, I've heard Eminem's new song. I have no idea what it's called or even how it goes, I just know several times during the course of the song, I can hear a noise I've become all too familiar with over the past few years. That's right, if I did't know any better I'd swear Eminem sampled Joe's infamous "Arrghurrrghrruagh"

Does Eminem know Joe?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment