Thursday, May 13, 2004

the Boogieman!

Michele insists I was dreaming, but some kind of horrible thing tried to rip out my life force last night. It rattled me a little bit, almost being sucked right out of my body by unseen forces, and dream or not, I'm still shaking.

I woke up at 3 AM. Why? Because we had KFC for dinner that night and it was trying to escape. Half an hour later, I crawled back into bed, feeling much better. I couldn't really go back to sleep because Michele...well...she snores. I closed my eyes and saw the residual image of the room as a high-contrast negative. That's pretty normal, it happens when you close your eyes after being exposed to bright lights.

But I also saw a door. A door that's not really in the room. And I felt myself being suddenly grabbed and pulled toward it. Not my body; but my spirit, or soul or essence or whatever the hell it is. It was being pulled out of my body by a white...thing. Shapeless. But it was pulling me and I couldn't open my eyes no matter how hard I tried. And I couldn't breathe. I couldn't speak. I tried to, but all I could do was mumbled grunts. Some people would argue that's how I talk anyway, but that was all I could get out because I couldn't move my lips.

Michele heard me and woke up. She took my hand and I could see the white blobby thing that grabbed me slink away into the door that isn't there.

I grabbed on to her after that and pretty much stayed clamped onto her 'til morining. She said it was just a dream but dammit I wasn't asleep; I had just put my head down and I could still hear the wind blowing into the room from the windows.

I say she saved me from the evil thing because if she wasn't there to snap me out of it I would have suffocated. She says this happens to lots of people and the black people in the south call it "riding the witch." Or the witch is riding you. I don't know. Either way, it's creepy. So all these people have the same dream? Or are these things roaming the world, killing people in their sleep? Could it show up in your bedroom tonight?

I'm just glad I went to the bathroom before this happened, or I would have had quite a mess to clean up...

1 comments:

NYPinTA said...

That is scary as hell.

Post a Comment