Monday, May 17, 2004

I Like Megan

Well, I don't like Megan. I don't hate Megan, either. I don't even know Megan. But somebody likes Megan, because they spray-painted their tepid feelings for her along the wall at the beach across from my apartment.

Someone likes Megan


Not I Love Megan. I Like Megan.

Why? Why would someone feel the need to write that on a wall? Why would someone say "Megan, I wouldn't mind seeing you on a semi-regular basis, to hell with what anyone thinks!"

If you're going to deface public property, shouldn't it be for an emotion a bit stronger than "like?" Oh, won't Megan's friends be jealous when they see her sort-of admirer's apathy prominently displayed for the world to see!

Maybe, one day, he'll take Megan to a Red Sox game with some friends, and on the Jumbotron it will read: "Megan, I think you're a cool chick. And if Liz is busy this weekend, do you want to see a movie or something?"

Imagine their imminent breakup...

"Megan, baby, I like you, but I'm not in like with you anymore..."

Maybe there is no Megan. Maybe it's a code..."I like Megan" could be an anagram of "Enigma like" or "I am King Lee." Or "A Milk Genie." I'd like Megan if she were a milk genie. She'd grant wishes and help build strong bones.

I guess we'll never know. So Megan, wherever you are, know that somewhere out there, there's a guy who cares enough about you to spray some words on a wall, but not quite enough to use that other "L" word.

2 comments:

John said...

Megan sighting?...
I was at Panera today and while I was waiting for my order, I heard them call for a Megan. I almost stopped her and asked "Excuse me, are you the Megan?"

shipkicker said...

maybe he wasnt ready to commit to the love yet. maybe he just needs some time. just wait. in a month its gonna be love.

Post a Comment