Friday, July 21, 2006

Somebody Get The Drano!

I know that some of you have been coming here day in and day out, only to have your little hearts crushed by seeing that same Brave Little Toaster Goes to Albany story from weeks ago (or the haunting visage of the Great Amazo, depending on what link you used to get here). And I apologize, but you have to understand how the internet works. See, the internet is not a truck. I don't know where you got that idea. That's just silly. No, it's a series of tubes. Those tubes can only hold so much before they get filled. And that's a real problem, because when I try to update the blog, and the guy in front of me is stuffing huge amounts of material into the tube, well, it's going to get clogged. It might even back up and start to overflow all over my desk.

Ironically, an influx of disscussion about the series of tubes have actually clogged the tubes themselves. Hopefully, it won't get to the point where they need to have a guy come in to take the whole internet apart. And what happens if he needs to replace a washer or a metric flange or something? The whole internet could be down for days!

So that's where I'm at. It's not for lack of trying; my posts have just been clogged in the series of tubes. You understand. It's out of my hands, really. C'est la vie, snakes on a plane, series of tubes. What can you do?

12 comments:

fermicat said...

I'm not gonna fix my link, because I like the Great Amazo. And I'm glad I watched the Daily Show one night this week or I'd have no idea what this "tubes" stuff is all about.

Anonymous said...

Well, i must admit, i've just this minute altered the link. That Great Amazo guy gives me the woodies!

Hey, is that the same magician that made his assistant permanently disappear, but she didn't; she just frelledd off and left him?

So, are we soon to assume the pitter-patter of over-lapping slapping little sqeegees in the very near future?

John said...

"I'm glad I watched the Daily Show one night this week or I'd have no idea what this "tubes" stuff is all about."

The first two "tubes" links are clips of the Daily Show, actually. They're not scary Trina links, like if you click on them you see a picture of a guy with a tube through his head. Hmm, why didn't I think of that?

"So, are we soon to assume the pitter-patter of over-lapping slapping little sqeegees in the very near future?"

Are you saying that, now that the clog has been cleared, all those posts I would have put up are going to start pouring out all at once? Maybe. But I don't want to clog it again. It's not a truck, you know.

NYPinTA said...

Oh. Is that what that meant? I thought you were asking about him and Michele having kids! Wow. Did I read too much into that or what?

NYPinTA said...

Hey. I can comment now! Thanks for taking me off the black list, John.

fermicat said...

"Oh. Is that what that meant? I thought you were asking about him and Michele having kids! Wow. Did I read too much into that or what?"

Yeah, I thought the same thing as you did. Notice how the females see something totally different than the males in that statement...

John said...

No no. No no no no. No. Given the sleeping arrangements we've had since left the apartment (last August!), that thing you guys are thinking would be pretty hard to pull off. See, the human body is a series of tubes...

LL said...

Great Scott! Blogger finally let me see your new post! What's next, the pitter patter of little random squeegee's?

fakies said...

I hear that getting those tubes tied solves a lot of problems.

mcBlogger said...

I have no idea what your talking about, but it's nice to see a new post.

John said...

The links! Click on the links! I swear, Trina has everyone terrified to click on those things, but they're not all one-legged hairless puppies or morbidly obese can-can dancers that turn their eyelids inside out. I promise.

fakies said...

Oh sure, blame all your troubles on me. My links happen to have a lot of redeeming value.

Post a Comment