Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Somebody's Got A Case Of The Tuesdays

Why are there so many songs about Tuesdays? By the way, congratualtions if you managed to read that sentence without hearing the opening chords of The Rainbow Connection playing in your head. Why are there so many songs about Tuesday? It's arguably the blandest day of the week. But a quick search through my own iTunes collection brought up Ruby Tuesday, by the Rolling Stones; Tuesday's Gone, by Lynryd Skynyrd; Tuesday Afternoon, by the Moody Blues; and Church on Tuesday by Stone Temple Pilots. And then there's that 80's band 'Til Tuesday. Tuesday must have a really good agent.

What? All you get is a paragraph today. The medical conference brochure season kicked off last week and pretty much all I've been doing since then is copying and pasting extremely long titles like, "Managing Chronic Pain in the Patient with Risk Factors for Cardiovascular or GI Complications," and "Practical Tools for Primary Care Management of Women with Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI)." Sometimes I have to stop and take a few deep breaths, I'm having so much fun. If you're looking for something to do, might I suggest picking up a copy of the first season of Arrested Development. Fox, the same network that brought us a show about Pamala Anderson in a bookstore, still hasn't announced if AD will be back next year or not. You can find out more information than you could ever possibly want about the show here.

7 comments:

fakies said...

I love Arrested Development. More people need to watch it. We need more sarcasm and dysfunctional families on TV.

John said...

I just lent out my copy, but when I get it back, we should watch it on one of those Friday movie deals or something.

I'm actually pretty frustrated that I can barely get one entry in a week lately. Maybe I can start writing them at like 4 AM or something.

John said...

I just finished two paragraphs in a row with "or something." Damn, I'm slipping.

fakies said...

Just watch the entire season without letting anyone up to pee. Then you can consider it a movie.

Jenn said...

hmm. did you read pinta's post yet regarding tuesdays? I perfer mondays, and the first thing that came to mind when I read the first 2 sentences of your blog, "... just another manic mondayy ..." forget who sang it tho.

John said...

" hmm. did you read pinta's post yet regarding tuesdays?"

Actually, this started off as a comment on her blog, then I decided to instead make it the topic for mine. In retrospect, I didn't have a whole lot to go on other than a few sentences. On the plus side, it prompted a nice little discussion about Arrest Development.

NYPinTA said...

Aww.. look what I started! *feels a warm glow... sorta.*

PS- I have got to start watching that show.

Post a Comment