Friday, April 01, 2005

The Clip Show

Ever sit down to watch a new episode of your favorite TV show, only to discover that the only new parts are a thinly veiled set up for a clip show? Don't you feel kind of cheated, like the writers couldn't think of anything new, so they just threw some old stuff back in your face? Like that episode of The Cosby Show where they showed all the times the kids sang to their grandparents for their anniversary. Oh, that Rudy. I think the first time I saw that was just before my family drove down to Virginia.

I used to think those episodes of Family Ties when they flashed back to the sixties where clip shows, and that the show must have been on for a really long time. But back then I was probably just starting school.

The Simpsons did bunch of them, too. There was the April Fool's Day one, where Bart shakes Homer's beer can so much that when Homer opens it, it causes an explosion. The rest of the episode is all footage from older episodes, some from way back when I was in seventh grade.

Hey, remember that time I didn't win the Bloggie? I guess the voters never read about Megan or Wah-Kee's birthday. Oh well. Their loss. I mean, there's some good stuff here. The epic two part story of love lost, the thrilling car ride after the Superbowl, and the fictional exploits of the Centurion and Pedro...

Maybe they're fans of Move Ya Body.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still want to know who likes Megan...

fakies said...

Good thing bloggers are above such corporate deviance.

NYPinTA said...

Wow g_s, Uber good post! :P

mr. schprock said...

Has there ever been a show that ran so long it could have a clip show about its clip shows?

I enjoyed re-reading the one about just starting school.

Post a Comment